Set in the heart of Village, the Steveston Museum and Post Office aims to preserve and promote the history of Steveston, British Columbia.
The museum’s building was built in 1905 as Steveston’s (and possibly Richmond’s) first bank. The bank served early Steveston settlers and industry workers until 1963, when it was converted into a retail space and subsequently, a doctor’s office. Come and see the original office of the Bank Manager, or stop by to admire some art pieces from local artists in our pop-up gallery.
Continue on into the adjacent Japanese Fishermen’s Benevolent Society building, which explores the triumphs and tragedies experienced by the Japanese Canadian community in Steveston.