Historic Places Days Photo Contest
What would you do with $1000, a Parks Canada pass or a VIA Rail travel voucher?
Contest runs July 8 – 23, 2023
The National Trust for Canada is giving away a total of $2000, and over $10,000 in prizes, in support of Historic Places Days. With hundreds of registered places and events open to the public this summer, we have even more opportunities to participate in Historic Places Days than ever before. We encourage you to visit a participating historic place and take a selfie or a photo of the place. If you’re not able to visit in person, we welcome you to share a cherished photo you’ve taken of the place during a previous visit. To enter the contest:
- Post your photo on your Instagram or Facebook with #HistoricPlacesDays and #HPDContest2023
- Tag the historic place
- Tag and follow @nationaltrustca
If you’re at a Parks Canada or VIA Rail location be sure to include #ParksCanada and #viarail to show some support to our Historic Places Days partner and major sponsor. We would also love to hear the story of your visit, and about what the place means to you – feel free to share details in your photo captions!
Grand Prize Draw: Photo entries will be placed in a random draw to win the grand prize of $1000 for yourself and $1000 for the site that you tagged.
Runner Up Prize Draws: Every Tuesday and Thursday throughout Historic Places Days. Runner up prizes (max two per person) include:
- 20 $500 VIA Rail Passes;
- 10 Parks Canada Passes;
- 8 Canada’s History Subscriptions;
- 8 National Geographic Guides;
- 8 Canadian Geographic Magazine Subscriptions; and
- 4 National Trust Memberships.
Extra Entry: Share our posts about the photo contest on your own social media account, tag @nationaltrustca and your favourite historic place, and gain an additional contest entry!
- In posting, you give the National Trust for Canada and VIA Rail permission to use your content in promotional material (social media, website, print, etc).
- You can use the same photo to post on all your social media channels on the same day, and you can enter the contest every day using a different photo or digital selfie.
- A maximum of two (2) runner up prizes awarded per participant.
- In order to qualify for the grand prize, you must submit your own original photo entry. Entries gained solely from sharing posts will not be considered for the grand prize.
- No purchase necessary.
How to Enter
Use the hashtags #HistoricPlacesDays and #HPDContest2023
Tag the participating historic place
Tag and follow @nationaltrustca
Contest Rules & Regulations: