Provincial Heritage site since 1999, serving as the seat of government in New Brunswick since 1882, the present day building replaced the old Province Hall, which was destroyed by fire in 1880.
The main entrance opens into a vestibule and hallway hung with portraits of former Lieutenant Governors. Beyond is a large self-supporting spiral staircase. The Chamber reflects the taste of the late Victorians. Two magnificent crystal chandeliers grace the Chamber.