Operated by the Oakville Historical Society and located in Lakeside Park. The home was built in 1829 as the original farm home of The Thomas Family. The Thomas House is furnished and presented as a pioneer home from 1829 to 1840s. There are many original family items in the home.
The Thomas House was moved to its present location in Lakeside Park in 1955 as a result of the efforts of Hazel Chisholm Mathews and the Oakville Historical Society. It was originally west of Sixteen Mile Creek on a site now occupied by St. Jude’s Cemetery and St. Thomas Aquinas High School.