In 1915, the Bridgetown Board of Trade asked the Dominion Atlantic Railway (DAR) for a new and more modern station, perhaps influenced by the “fancy” new Annapolis Royal Station which had just been completed. Sadly, in November 1918, a fire destroyed the Bridgetown Station. It was replaced in 1919 by a Tudor revival station. The diamond-paned transoms over all the doors and windows and platform canopies on both ends can still be seen.
The station closed in 1990 when passenger service ended. In 1994 it was purchased and seven weeks later of extensive renovations it became the End of the Line Pub. In 2020, the building was purchased again, this time by Lunn’s Mill Beer Co., and the establishment was renovated and renamed “The Station” with tasteful references to the D.A.R. and the sailing days in the menus and the accouterments.