Please note this house is private property
In its Historic Places listing, the house is described, This residence was possibly built by successful young rural lawyer Harry Peters for his “city” wife. Harry was the son of Loyalist James Peters. Written and internal evidence is consistent with 1815 as its date of construction. The inclusion of large “Rumford” designed fireplaces, as well as a basement kitchen, seems to fit with this date. The kitchen ell and the dormers were additions from somewhat later in the 19th century. Photographs from the 19th century show this residence as one-and-a-half storey building with typically Victorian-era gingerbread trim. It is significant that throughout that century, the house was part of a working farm with barns and outbuildings nearby.
According to the late George Hector, his great grandfather accompanied the Peterson family to Gagetown as an enslaved person. The Hector family lived in the slave ell in the old kitchen of the house (you can see this in the accompanying photo of the rear of the house). Adjacent to this property is Hector Lane (see Hector House).