Built in 1908 this lighthouse spent many years on the bank of the Bay of Fundy,in Port Greville guiding the seafarers to safe passage.
In 1980 the lighthouse was decommissioned. The Canadian Coast Guard cut the building in half and transported it to the Coast Guard College in Sydney N.S. where it sat for 17 years. Through an amazing amount of work from local residents, particularly Donna Merriam, the Coast Guard agreed to return the lighthouse to the community for $1.00. In 1997 the lighthouse arrived “home” and found its resting spot at the Age of Sail Museum. Volunteers and staff continue to maintain the lighthouse as part of the museum complex.