Peace Park Cenotaph – Town of Mount Royal
LE CÉNOTAPHE DU PARC DE LA PAIX
Inaugurated in 1948 by Viscount of Tunis.,
Harold Leopold Leofric George Alexander,
the Peace Park honours the Memory of Soldiers
who died in the battlefield of WWII.
During WWII., Mount Royal Residents enlisted as soldiers,
45 never returned. To honour the memory of these citizens, a
committing plaque has been placed in Town Hall.
Designed by Percy Nobbs
October 24, 1948