Built circa 1826, the Macpherson House & Park stands proudly along the banks of the Napanee River at 180 Elizabeth Street in Napanee.
For almost three decades, Allan Macpherson was one of Lennox and Addington’s most civic-minded and politically active entrepreneurs.
Tour Macpherson’s gentry-inspired house, built north of Napanee Falls; it remained in the family until 1896, long after he’d returned to Kingston. In 1962, the Lennox and Addington Historical Society began a visionary labour of love to restore this home to its 19th century character.
True to its roots, the Macpherson House has been restored to its original splendour both inside and out. The Macpherson House now functions as additional gallery space for the Museum of Lennox and Addington and can be enjoyed in the summer for tours and special programs.