The Museum is located within the village of Jordan, Ontario. Our site encompasses 1.3 acres of land, bordered by the Niagara escarpment, and directly connects to the Twenty Valley Trail. Our site is also home to several historical buildings and commemorative sites, including the 1815 Fry House, the 1859 Schoolhouse, the Haines Cemetery, a cider press and a replica Conestoga wagon.
The Fry House is a two-story log dwelling built in c.1815 by Jacob Fry and Elizabeth Wismer, two of the early German-speaking Mennonite settlers from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The house has been staged with period-relevant objects and functions as a living history site.
The 1859 schoolhouse building is the original one-room school in Jordan and was used until 1948. In 1953, the property was purchased by Jordan Wines and given to a group of volunteers with the intention of it being used as a community museum. The building was completely restored by the Town of Lincoln to display a typical one-room school of 1908.
Visits to the museum are always free. Both historic structures are open for tours with a costumed interpreter during the summer months.