FIRST UNITED CHURCH was organized in 1760, with the arrival in the region of settlers from New Hampshire who were Protestant and one of whose first concerns was to establish a place of worship. The congregation has been on this site since the middle of the 19th century. The present building was dedicated in 1916, and the adjoining Christian Education facilities were dedicated in 1952. The Church seats approximately 800 people, and has 581 persons under pastoral care with a total membership (and adherents) 377.
The Congregation continues to sustain its interest in the mission work of the church at home and abroad. For more detailed information on the outreach of First United, please read the Mission and Service reports contained herein.
The Order of Ministry consists of the Reverend Valerie Kingsbury, Minister of Word, Sacrament and Pastoral Care; the Reverend Roger Moore, Minister of Faith Formation; Chris Bowman, Minister of Music; and the Reverend David N. MacNaughton, Minister Emeritus.