The Evolution of Education schoolhouse was originally located in the Claytonville district approximately 24 km (15 miles) northeast of Prince Albert. It was constructed in 1920 and used as a school until 1963. This building is a fine example of the one room school houses which dotted the prairies in the mid-twentieth century. In 1989, the University Women’s Club of Prince Albert opened the museum to the public. It was not until 2005 that the Historical Society took over operations.
This building tells the story of early rural schooling and some of the first teachers in Prince Albert.