The Carstairs Heritage Centre is a local history museum, historic site, and art gallery. We share a site with the historic first church in Carstairs: Knox Presbyterian, built in 1901. We also host a relocated historic home, McCaig House, built by the McCaig Family on their homestead in 1901.
Our mission is to collect, preserve, record, and interpret objects and materials relevant to Carstairs and District from the time of the first settlement to the present day; to preserve cultural traditions and maintain the local knowledge of the community.
Admission is by donation and includes access to our museum, historic buildings, art gallery, and various outbuildings.