Today, there is little sign of the military occupation – after the garrison departed, the building was renovated and served as a hotel for travelers. Since 1940, it has housed the Argenteuil Regional Museum.
- 44 Route du Long Sault, Saint-André-d'Argenteuil, QC, Canada
- 1-888-773-8888 ou 450-537-3861
- Guided Tour
- National Historic Site
44 Route du Long Sault, Saint-André-d'Argenteuil, QC, Canada
Maison Macdonell-Williamson House
Circa 1817 – Georgian Architecture
Ancienne Prison de L’Orignal Old Jail
Come and visit the oldest jail in Ontario and the second oldest jail in Canada.
The Coteau-du-Lac site is a natural stop for history lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Opened in 1843, the Sainte-Anne Canal was the main entry point for the waterway between Mo…