Alder Grove Heritage Society is housed in a small 1910 BC Mills prefab building originally owned by F. J. Hart. The building has been home to a real estate office and bank. It was also the town’s telephone office from 1917 – 1951, when it was moved to become the office for a motel. Saved from demolition in 1992 by the Alder Grove Heritage Society, it was moved to its current location and fully restored.
The museum’s collections include exhibits about Aldergrove’s history, and there is an extensive archival collection of family, business and community group stories. This collection includes audio interviews, photos, documents and objects. The museum also holds approximately 70 years of local newspapers as well as a large vintage telephone collection.
The museum is entirely volunteer-run but endeavours to be open on Sunday afternoons. The fastest way to contact the society is through email or social media to confirm opening hours or to book a group tour.