Located nearby to Port Credit, the property of the “Grove Farm” (Adamson Estate) was initially granted by The Crown to Joseph Cawthra circa 1808. The barn was built in 1875 and is the oldest structure on the property. The gatehouse, built in 1905, would have had a driveway leading up to the house running through the archway. As a wedding gift Henry Cawthra gave the estate to his daughter Mabel Cawthra and her husband Lt. Col. Agar Adamson in 1900. Mabel and Agar replaced the original 1866 house in 1919. Their estate house was designed by Sproatt and Rolph and its style was inspired by Flemish architecture that Agar had seen during his service in the First World War. Anthony Adamson, grandson of Mabel and Agar, became the owner in 1943. Anthony designed the second house that stands on the property. Today the property is owned by the City of Mississauga and home to a private school.
- Maison-musée / Propriété familiale
- 850 Enola Avenue, Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Animaux de compagnie bienvenus
- Familles bienvenues
- Lieu historique national
850 Enola Avenue, Mississauga, ON, Canada