Trinity Church is the oldest Anglican church in New Brunswick. It was funded and built in 1789 by the people of Kingston. When the original Loyalist settlers drew lots for their land, it was agreed that the first three would donate one acre at the adjoining corner of each lot next to the parsonage property for the purpose of building a church. The original structure consisted of just the nave, which was built in the Georgian style with rounded arch windows. In 1808 the octagonal steeple was added to the west end of the church and in 1811 the chancel and Venetian window were added to the east end. In the 1857 Trinity, along with New Brunswick’s other Anglican churches was Gothicized at Bishop Medley’s insistence. The Georgian windows were given Gothic arches and finials were added to the exterior corners.