The Historical Museum is located on the south bank of the North Saskatchewan River, in the original Central Fire Hall. The building is a municipal heritage site constructed in 1911-12.
The building served as the City’s firehall for 63 years until 1975, when the Prince Albert Historical Society and City of Prince Albert reached an agreement to convert the building into a museum.
The Historical Museum houses the Prince Albert Historical Society office, the Bill Smiley Archives, as well as highlighting the history of Prince Albert from pre-contact to day. This location is also where the core of volunteers conducts its activities.
During the summer months there is a restaurant on the second floor, with a balcony overlooking the river.
The main floor is wheelchair accessible.
The Historical Society meets at this location during the winter months; membership is $20 per year.