MUMAQ Museum Foundation Musée des métiers d’art du Quebec 615 St. Croix Ave., St. Laurent, Qc H4L 2X6
Musée des métiers d’art du Québec (MUMAQ) in 2003, was originally conceived and known as the ‘Musée des maîtres et artisans du Québec’.
The permanent exhibition of ‘Meaningful Objects’, is an exhibit relaying the testimonial work of thousands of artists, artisans and crafts people throughout the history of Quebec.
It features a ‘virtual platform’ the ‘MAMUQ Workbench’ and a ‘Mobile Museum’, conceived in partnership with Kéroul.
High Victorian Gothic Style
In 1867, the original Church of St. Pauls was first built by the Presbyterian English Community in Montreal at the Corner of Rene-Levesque (Dorchester) & then St. Monique.
In 1930, the Church was sold to the Fathers of the St. Croix Mission, shortly after the lot where Central Station now stands was expropriated by Canadian National Railway.
The Church, in 1930 was in its entirety deconstructed and moved to its present location within two months and rebuild within a year where St. Laurent College is presently located in Ville St. Laurent. The new church once served as the Chapel for the College.
In 1968, the College become a CEGEP.
In 1979, the chapel was transformed into a Museum.