Montague Roadhouse is a former stagecoach stop along the Old Whitehorse-Dawson Road and now a rest area along the North Klondike Highway.
Montague Began in 1899 as a roadhouse along the Canadian Development Companies winter route from Whitehorse to Dawson City.
The Old Whitehorse-Dawson Road was built by the White Pass & Yukon Route in 1902. It was only a winter route because in the summer it was much cheaper and easier to travel via sternwheeler along the Yukon River. The road was 70 miles shorter than the former route and continued to be used until the 1940s although the route varied.
The original roadhouse was replaced in 1903 by a new building. Unfortunately this roadhouse burnt down in 1915 and the current building was constructed 2km north of the original Montague.