The building that now houses the Museum was originally built to be the community post office. The structure featured a Richardson Romanesque style of architecture, which was characteristic to federal buildings constructed between 1910 and 1914. The structure served as Humboldt’s post office from 1912 to 1975 and a customs office from 1912 to 1932. The Humboldt detachment of the RCMP had its offices and living quarters on the second floor from 1933 to 1964. The War Time Price and Trade Board had an office in the building from 1940-1945. In 1952-54, a one-storey addition was built on the north side of the building.
The building now houses exhibits on the history of Humboldt and area.
Admission is by donation.