McGill Music Faculty | Schulich School of Music
Strathcona Music Building, c. 1896
Built in 1899 by architect Bruce Price at the request of Lord Srathcona, formerly Donald Smith, it was originally the home for Royal Victoria College.
In 1971, the Hurlbatt and Reynolds Wings of Royal Victoria College were given to Faculty of Music. Renamed the Strathcona Music Building, it is now home to the Schulich School of Music and to Pollack Hall, one of the busiest cultural venues in the city. A large statue of Queen Victoria still reigns over its front.